“If you feel lost, disappointed, hesitant, or weak, return to yourself, to who you are, here and now and when you get there, you will discover yourself, like a lotus flower in full bloom, even in a muddy pond, beautiful and strong.” – Masaru Emoto

Through this week filled with final assignments and presentations, I tried to keep this quote in mind. Although I felt stressed and overwhelmed, I hoped to emulate the lotus flower by being strong despite my negative environment.

As I have been working on creating healthy habits for when I am stressed or anxious, I decided to cope by completing a yoga activity. I thought this one by Yoga with Adrienne was quite fitting due to my current emotions and situation. After the session, I did feel calm and refreshed for a little bit but, shortly after I came back to feeling stressed once again. I think physical activity can be helpful for coping with stress but only to a certain extent.

Although I could not fully escape my negative emotions, hopefully with more meditation and yoga sessions I can begin to gain the strength and resilience to be just like a lotus flower.

Header Photo by Dane Wetton on Unsplash