In class today we went over the beneficial aspects of incorporating audio and video into a classroom. Education videos can take many forms such as gifs, time-lapse videos, screencasts, talking heads, and read along storybooks. With videos, people are able to share information that can then be repeatedly re-watched, rewinded, speed up, or slowed down. This allows viewers to adapt educational resources to best fit their needs. Educational videos also offer another way to learn especially for visual learners who retain more knowledge from images rather than just words alone. Furthermore, closed captions can be added to videos which can be very helpful.

Audio can also be used to convey information. Podcasts are examples of audio being used for educational or recreational purposes.

This week I decided to try and create a gif. I used an app on my phone called Giphy. The process was quick and simple which is helpful if I want to create a gif in the future. I have included a link below to the gif I created.

EB093989-3348-40B5-98DB-8A3F7B4C088E

Header Photo by Caleb Woods on Unsplash