This week I was very overwhelmed with working many hours while also trying to balance my classes. I found myself to be stressed with all the classwork I needed to complete with the limited time I had. It was difficult to find time to do a long yoga session so I instead opted for a short 7-minute session. I followed a video called Yoga for Stress Relief by Yoga with Adriene ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiKJRoX_2uo ).

Before the session, I was dealing with anxiety and stress. During the session, I found some moves difficult such as the tree pose, where finding my balance was a struggle. The rest of the moves were very simple and easy for a beginner such as me. To make it more fun and engaging I asked my boyfriend and brother to do the activity with me. The video focused on breathing and positive energy, which really helped me become calm. I found myself breaking into laughter during the session and letting loose, something I do not always let myself do. After the session, I felt relaxed and rejuvenated.

Overall, this was an excellent start to my inquiry project and I am looking forward to my next yoga session.

Photo by Carl Barcelo on Unsplash